But sometimes it’s just a necessary evil. It doesn’t have to be, but sometimes it just is. Because money has its uses and you have to find a way to get that money. Even if it means doing something that you don’t care about over and over again just so you can pursue something a bit more interesting and flattering to your sense of self. Because, at the end of the day, who is there to judge you apart from yourself?

Of course there are plenty of other things you do every day that you may care absolutely nothing about. Such as having to put your shoes on just to leave the house. Perhaps you hate the feeling of your feet being encased, but social cues tell you that it’s probably best that you put those shoes on. May as well buy some nice ones while you’re at it. You don’t want people laughing at you now, do you? If you do though, I would highly recommend getting a pair of pink crocs. Not only will you get attention, but maybe you can use it as a springboard for conversation with a stranger. Because we all know the cliché of strangers are just friends you haven’t met you. Or they could be serial killers. But you have to take chances.

Perhaps you care nothing about opening doors, it is quite a dull subject after all. But again, quite a necessary evil if you want to get anywhere in life. There are ways around this of course, but they involve a lot more effort than just opening doors. The main way to achieve this is to just wait for someone else to open the door for you. Time consuming but also quite therapeutic. This may create some issues with your employers though, as ‘I was waiting all day for someone to open the door for me’ isn’t generally taken as an acceptable excuse for why you’ve turned up late, again, for an important meeting. Secondly, it may create immense problems for you if you live alone. You’ve just made yourself homeless in one fell swoop. Unless you ask someone to open your front door for you each time you want to go in. But this opens the door for all kinds of hi-jinks that I’m sure you don’t want to involve yourself in.

For my final point, walking. I care absolutely nothing for walking. I am, of course, eternally grateful to be blessed with two working legs that can get me around. But walking, as with anything you do every day, is a chore. And chores are no fun. Unless you’re an Olympic walker perhaps? If your entire ambition is to walk either at speed, or for massive distances then I perhaps being a bit hasty in stating that walking is a chore. Of course in the right circumstances walking can be an absolute pleasure. Such as walking along the cliffs or through beautiful woods. I think what I may be saying here is that I have entirely debunked my own point about not caring about walking. I care a great deal about walking and everything to do with it. Including its health benefits. Which are numerous and would require their own node to truly fulfil everything I want to say.

In summary, it is strange to wake up every day and do things you care nothing about. But when looked upon in the right light, it is strange in a good way. If you can keep your head about and truly appreciate even things you do not care about then maybe you’ve got it right. When you learn to care about the things that you don’t care about the sun will shine that little bit brighter and the world will be a better place.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.