"Jake from State Farm" is an American advertisement, one of the seemingly endless variety of insurance company pitches arising in every other commercial break. In this particular one, a woman comes downstairs in the middle of the night to find her husband talking on the phone in a creepily husky voice: "Yeah I'm married. Does it matter? ....You'd do that for me? Really? I'd like that."

The wife, whose suspicion is entirely reasonable under the circumstances, demands to know who the husband is talking to (in that weird, suggestive tone) at three in the morning. He tells her: "Jake from State Farm."

She doesn't believe him, snatching the phone away and demanding to know "What are you wearing 'Jake from state farm?'"

Then you see 'Jake' -- just some dude in an office, who tells the wife he's wearing "Khakis."

The wife then deadpans to the husband, "She sounds hideous."

The husband's defense to that is that "she" is a guy -- but in this day and age, what does that matter? Maybe the husband has decided to swing bi.

But anyway, there's a silver lining in the form of a Coneheads takeoff ad with Dan Ackroyd and Jane Curtain, wherein all the lines are delivered with the Coneheads' trademark techno-intonation, culminating in Curtain's assessment of Khakis as an entirely appropriate garment.

222 words for Brevity Quest 2015

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.