Bond. James Bond Jr.
No one can stop him, but S.C.U.M. always tries,
Young Bond cuts through each web of spies!
He learned the game from his Uncle James,
Now he’s heir to the name, James Bond! (Bond)
James Bond Jr!
Look out, he’s coming through - he’s got a job to do,
While he rescues the girl!
James Bond Jr. chases S.C.U.M.
(James Bond Jr. chases S.C.U.M.)
Around the world!

Defeating S.C.U.M. and Getting the Girl

What do you get when you take when you take the world's most famous secret agent and subtract the alcoholism, the irresponsible sex, and the gratuitous violence (in other words, all the good parts)? Why, James Bond Jr. of course! James Bond Jr. was a syndicated animated series, produced by Murikami-Wolf-Swenson Productions in association with MGM and United Artists Television, that ran 65 episodes from 1991-1992.

The series follows the adventures of 17-year-old James Bond Jr., the nephew of James Bond and blessed with his uncle's brains, charm, and good looks. Young James attends Warfield Academy, a prep school for kids who want to become spies. In between classes, James and his friends constantly run into the evil machinations of international criminal organization S.C.U.M. (Saboteurs and Criminals United in Mayhem), led by the mysterious, faceless S.C.U.M.-Lord, recognizable because he is always petting his white pit bull terrier. Using wits and oodles of implausible high-tech gagetry, James and his friends escape from dastardly traps and bring the evildoers to justice.

The plots of the series are ridiculously predictable and closely follow the formula of the James Bond films, complete with teaser opening. A lot of familiar faces make appearances in the series - Goldfinger, Dr. No, and Jaws all work for S.C.U.M., and many of James' friends and acquantainces are likewise close relations of characters from the films.

Recurring Characters

James Bond Jr. - Action hero and star of the show, James is witty, handsome, muti-talented, and possessed of a keen eye for the ladies. He also seems blessed by an inordinate amount of good luck whenever sticky situations arise.

Horace Boothroyd (better known as I.Q.) - Smart to the point of ludicrousness, I.Q. was schooled in the ways of gadgetry by his grandfather, Q, and is constantly coming up with the wacky gizmos that James and company rely on to escape from scrapes and jams.

Tracy Millbanks - The smart and sassy daughter of the headmaster, Tracy keeps James on his toes as a capable verbal sparring partner, and serves as the unrequited target of his youthful affections.

Gordo Leiter - A ridiculous stereotype of a California surfer dude, complete with long blond hair and a tan, Gordo is the son of CIA agent Felix Leiter from the films. Sorely deficient in common sense, but never lacking in willingness to have a good time.

Pheobe Farragut - Your typical Scooby Doo Velma-clone, Phoebe is short, bespectacled, intelligent, and infatuated by members of the opposite sex who don't seem to realize she exists, especially James.

Trevor Noseworthy IV - A fellow student at Warfield, Trevor is haughty, jealous, and spiteful - in other words, the perfect rival for James.

Mr. Mitchell - The physical education teacher, and an ex-FBI agent, Mr. Mitchell once worked with James Bond himself and serves as something of a mentor to James and the gang.

Dr. DeRange - Aptly named psychotic French scientist and criminal mastermind with a monty-pythonesque French accent, the good doctor is the most commonly encountered villain throughout the series.


To hear the themesong, point your browser to http://www.angelfire.com/film/jonnyspage/Theme%20Tunes/James%20Bond%20Junior/James.wav.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.