James Potter is a character in the Harry Potter book series by J.K. Rowling. Warning! Assume all text might contain spoilers from the series!!


Biography

James Potter was born in 1959 to a pure-blood family. He attended Hogwarts school for Witchcraft and Wizardry, where he met Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew. The four became friends.

James became a very good friend of Sirius Black. Remus Lupin was the smarter and harder studying of the four, and Peter Pettigrew followed after the rest. As the time went on, James and Sirius became very mischievous, sort of like Fred and George Weasley. Together the four created the Marauder's Map, which through the hands of Argus Filch and Fred got to Harry's hands.

It is known that James was a Quidditch player, but Harry Potter fans have different thoughts about what position he played: Some say he was a Seeker, and others say he was a Chaser.

After graduating from Hogwarts James Potter married Lily Evans. In Voldemort's years of terror (1970-1981) the two of them were members in the Order of the Phoenix, a group of wizards and witches who fought against Voldemort and the Death Eaters (Voldemort's followers). Some Harry Potter fans believe James was also an auror.

In July 1980 his son Harry was born. In Halloween 1981 Voldemort came to where James and Lily were hiding and killed the two of them. He did not succeed in killing Harry, and Harry went live with Petunia Dursley, Lily's sister.



Harry's feelings towards James

James looked extremely similar to Harry. Harry sees in James a model and tries to follow James's way. Harry loves James and is sort of happy when he hears James's voice in the third book in the series.

This is until the fifth book, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, when Harry sees Snape's memories in the Pensieve, and sees James as a kid in Harry's age being cruel to Snape.

As of the end of book five, Harry's feelings towards James are mixed. He still admires him, but at the same time cannot accept what he saw in the Pensieve.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.