James Arthur "Jamie" Madrox appeared in several X-Men comic strips. He used the name Multiple Man, and was instrumental in taking down Mutant X. He had the ability to create copies of himself that he could control. He's died a couple of times, but has resurfaced with the "it wasn't me that died, it was one of my copies" story.

Jamie Madrox (born James Spaniolo) is also the current name of a Detroit rapper formerly known as Mr. Bones. Formerly of the House of Krazees, he's now a member of the group Twiztid. Judging from song titles like "Mutant X", and lyrics like "the multiple man appears in multiples of two", it's apparent that choosing this name was a direct result of contact with X-Men comic books. Jamie is also a huge fan of Batman, and appeared in the Hallowicked 2000 concert dressed as the Dark Knight. In the Twiztid video "Behind the Freek Show", Jamie's fictional father is referred to as Arthur Madrox. Jamie also raps with the Psychopathic Rydas under the name Lil Shank.

Jamie appeared in the movie as "Big Stank", a wannabe gangsta. He's also wrestled in the JCW.

Jamie Madrox, a.k.a. Multiple Man started out as a member of Moira Mactaggart's pet mutants on Muir Island, along with Siren, and her and Xavier's son, Legion. Madrox later became a member of X-Factor, a group founded by former X-Men members, pretending to be government sponsored mutant hunters. By the time Jamie joined the team, this charade had been ended, and X-Factor was just another X-team.

Jamie died several times, as noted above, and then finally perished for good from the Legacy Virus, which first caused his duplicates to gain personalities and refuse to reintegrate with him, and eventually caused his death.

And, then, surprisingly enough, he came back to life, and currently is featured in Marvel Comics' Marvel Knights line of comics.

Jamie's power is to convert kinetic energy directed against him (a punch was sufficient) into a duplicate or duplicates of himself. He had no control over his power, which forced him to wear a specially designed suit to muffle impacts, and allow him to move and act normally without leaving a trail of duplicates. The suit had a window in the palm, and was open at the face, so that he could create duplicates when he wanted. These duplicates were, generally, subservient to Madrox, but have on several occasions developed personalities and drives of their own, even in situations not involving the Legacy Virus.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.