Janice is the guitarist and occassional vocalist for the Electric Mayhem, the house band on "The Muppet Show". She also had a recurring role on that show as Nurse Janice in the Veterinarian's Hospital skits. Like most Muppets, she is left-handed. She has a cool style reminiscent of Janis Joplin, after whom she was probably named, but crossed with a bit of Valley Girl. Rumor has it that she and Floyd Pepper were an item, although it's never been confirmed (they are, after all, Muppets).

Janice was originally voiced by Eren Ozker, who pretty much no one has ever heard of. After the first season of "The Muppet Show," she was voiced by Richard Hunt. Since his death, Janice has appeared but not spoken, much like Rowlf (Jim Henson), Dr. Teeth (Henson), and Scooter (Hunt).

Quotation: During a planning session in The Great Muppet Caper, the room breaks into excited chaos. Fozzie quiets everyone down, but Janice is oblivious and continues her conversation, unaware that everyone can hear it: "... so I said, 'Look Mother, it's my life, okaaaaaay? So if I want to live on the beach and walk around naked...'"

Janice is Chandler Bing's longtime on again off again girlfriend on the popular TV show Friends.

Janice is rather pretty, but extremely annoying. She is rather clingy and has an awful voice, (her laugh is even worse). She likes to call Chandler, "Chandler Bing". Janice cannot take a hint for anything, (Chandler would try and give her obvious hints that he wanted to break up with her, but she didn't get it).

Janice was married once, and had one child. I do not believe that she ever had a job, (the show never mentioned one).

Chandler's friend Ross Gellar dated Janice at one point. But she broke up with him because he was too annoying and clingy!

< ************** the great self imposed rewrite*************** A very wise editor had started to audit me, and I quickly realized (from his msgs), that I have a lot more bad nodes then I thought. So I am going to rewrite almost all of my nodes (at least the first 500 or so). I will starting at my very first node, and redoing them in order. I will list them here as I redo them. Even my best nodes could probably use a bit of work. So I will leave no node unturned (except my daylogs, which I will simply spellcheck). Comments with stars next to apply to this writeup. This node was rewrote reformatted***** added to glared at***** untouched by human hands at server time Friday, March 29, 2002 at 10:50:37 ******End commentary*******>

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.