I wonder. Is the pipe link a dying artform? So many of the recent writeups contain none. Couple that with the fact that links are no longer underlined, and suddenly everything has an odd feel to it, as if through smoked glass. Maybe it's just me, or it's just a random variation, but it seems oddish.

In the meantime... Sometimes it feels like there's no justice in the universe. I'd explain more, but time is short. Suffice it to say that this is not the first story of its kind I've read this week. Too damn many.

There will always be times when we miss "The Good Old Days."

Much older people than me have talked amongst themselves in my presence about old-fashioned games they played long before my time, long before video games. They talked about how "ones and fives" were all you needed, and how much candy you could get with a five-cent piece.

People only a few years older than me talk about the cartoons they watched growing up, and how they were so much better and more wholesome than the drab that comes on this day and time.

I myself miss the prices, shows, trends, and ways of the 80's and 90's, because that is what I was growing up on. Come the year 2000, I entered high school, and became a "young adult." It's funny how I wanted to feel so grown up then, and now in 2010 at the age of 24, I wish I could go back to my "Good Old Days."

But that would be like hiding, and a coward is one thing I'm not. I've mentioned in the past how it bothers me sometimes that I'll never be able to see and do everything in the world, because one person could never have a shadow of a hope to catch up with it all. My final conclusion was thus: do something new if the chance comes up, but other than that, it's comforting and good to stick with what you know, and do what you do best.

And there will be more "good old days." It's not like I'm done making all the happy memories I will ever make, at least I hope I'm not.

Thinking about "The Good Old Days," no matter how old you are or how far you've come, should be a source of strength. No matter my age, I've resolved myself to stay open-minded. I won't let myself become one of those elders who says "I'm too old to learn something new," or "I don't need anybody telling me what to do!"

Well I've run out of steam now, but if I think of more later, you can believe I'll put it here. Thank you for listening...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.