I saw one of my fellow medical school friends on television, an advertisement for help with traumatic brain injury, information about PseudoBulbar Affect. Here: https://www.pbafacts.com/

I am glad that he's working on traumatic brain injury. There is a lot of it around. I haven't seen him in person since 1996.
.
.
.
Je Suis Charlie

Hard to think of cartooning as playing with death. Writing as playing with death. That words or drawings can make people so threatened, so angry, that they kill. But that is the reality.

I got a call from the friend I visited in August: her husband died Sunday of his lung cancer. I am glad that I visited. I am sad, too. She sounds so tired. I remember how that feels.
.
.
.

I have the Sweet Honey in the Rock version, but I don't find it on the internet. Others:
The Cleftomaniacs This is a Mean Old World to Live in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge2NwNvwyMw
Chuck Berry Mean Old World https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meUV8VhJeVQ
Marion Williams Mean Old World https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEpo4R76A4k

Yesterday was a pretty shitty day at work. We found out that the division of the company that I work for has been sold and while the details are still blurry, there still stands the possibility that some of us are going to lose our jobs. Naturally that little announcement got the rumor mill started and it wasn’t long before a full fledged feeding frenzy was underway and speculation about who was going with the new company, who was staying with old and who would be gone entirely dominated the day.

This wasn’t the way I wanted to start off the new year but since I’ve lived most of my life in corporate America, it doesn’t really come as a shock. The only thing that concerns me is pushing the age of 60 and the possibility of having to “start over” and prove myself to strangers.

Speaking of strangers, one of them said the nicest thing to me that I heard all day. Well, not out loud. I was sitting at my desk when out of the blue I got a text message from an unknown number that simply read.

”You make me melt like hot fudge on an ice cream sundae. I’m wearing my high heels and little else.” Signed, blondebabe.

I didn’t reply.

I know that doesn’t sound like much but for me it was enough to jump start my ego a little and shed some sunlight on an otherwise dreary day.

In other news, Anna T. is coming back from Arizona today where she was visiting her sisters during her winter break from school. I’m looking forward to see how her visit went and how her Christmas present is coming along.

That alone gives me something to look forward to.

In case you stumble across this and are interested in the outcome, please refer to January 16, 2015 for more details.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.