Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993) - Weasello Rating: {>>--} (Eh) {{ Prequel | Sequel }}
Please note that this review is laden with spoilers.

Jason Injury Count: As Jason is now a regenerated evil hell like machine, he is able to take many pummelings without faltering. He is shot with literally hundreds (Perhaps thousands) of bullets and is completely obliterated by a bomb (or two). In his further incarnations, he is shot squarely in the head, has a spear through the chest, punched in the face, hit by a car, backed over by same car, shot 8 times in the chest, shot once more in the head, shot 20 times by a pistol, shot 10 times by a shotgun, impaled on a skewer, and had his head nearly decapitated. Once again back in his Jason body, his chest gets a beating with a rake, he is bashed a few times with a shovel, and is stabbed by a mystic magical knife. He then proceeds to be dragged to hell.

Body count: 22, 15 Male and 8 Female. These are only confirmed on-screen deaths; persons in the movie speak of deaths that increase the death toll to about 28 or so.

Plot Outline: In the most bizzarre movie of the series yet, Jason's secret to reanimation is revealed - he is some sort of mystical supernatural hellspawn, able to take control of other people's bodies!! Though this sorta screws up the body count (Is he dead? Is he Jason? Does he die when Jason changes bodies?), it does make the movie.. well... the same as all the rest. Even though Jason could be dressed up in a three piece suit and minus a hockey mask, he still walks with stiff knees and a raised machete.

Though predictable, there were some seriously funny moments in this movie. I recommend this movie to be watched by all.

Anyways, the actual plot is that Jason's existence is finally brought to the attention of the FBI. A crack team takes him down at the beginning of the movie - but a mysterious killing spree leads a trail of bodies from the morgue back to Crystal Lake! Who could it BE?!?! A television personality offers a reward of five hundred thousand dollars to the man who can bring down Jason... who will take the prize?! (no, the movie isn't exciting enough to warrant that many exclamation marks)

Interesting Notes: Fun Quotes!
  • "You're totally shrinking my pod!" - man referring to shrinkage.
  • "Suck this!" - man giving the finger to Jason.
Lead roles: Directed by: Adam Marcus

Writing credits: Jay Huguely, Adam Marcus.

Tagline: The creator of the first returns to bring you the last!
Sources: The oh-so-wonderful IMDB, my head, and the box.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.