Brilliant and underrated actor; like many, he is best remebered for appearances in unremarkable venues (Jurrasic Park 1 & 2, iMac commercials.) Has a trademark bewildered demeanour that is used to deliver some remarkably astute observations. Best role was in The Tall Guy, in which he played Rowan Atkinson's straight man in a Vaudeville show, and later the lead role in a musical about the Elephant Man. Also responsible in part for the notoriety of Chaos Theory, in particular the Butterfly Effect.

An American actor, much underrated, who has starred in dozens and dozens of movies. He was born Jeffrey Lynn Goldblum on October 22, 1952, in Pittsburgh, PA. He stands 6'4" tall, and he is presently unmarried. He was married to Patricia Gaul from 1980 to 1986 and to Geena Davis from 1987 to 1990 but both marriages ended in divorce. He was also engaged to Laura Dern from 1995-1997.

After high school, he went to New York City to study acting. He joined the Neighborhood Playhouse and studied under Sanford Meisner. It was during a performance of a comic review, El Grande de Coca Cola that he was discovered by Robert Altman. Altman recognized his comedic talents and cast Goldblum in two of his films, California Split and Nashville.

Another early film role was 1974's Death Wish with Charles Bronson in which he played Freak #1. This role was followed by progressively stronger and more interesting parts in such films as Annie Hall and Invasion of the Body Snatchers. His career began to really take off with his performance as a magazine reporter in one of the 1980s biggest films, The Big Chill. During the 1980s and 1990s, he not only starred in really good movies, he also appeared in some really lousy ones such as Transylvania 6-5000 and Earth Girls are Easy. See WickerNipple's writeup or the Internet Movie Database for a full listing of his roles.

His long, slender frame, smooth skin, relaxed manner, cool voice, and large brown eyes make him a powerful presence on the screen. One's eyes are drawn to him, not because he is particularly attractive, though many think he is extremely attractive, but because he is so very interesting. Charismatic is a word that suits him well. Even in his worst films, one sits there wondering what he is going to say or do next.

His mellow voice is well-suited to voice acting. Many will recognize his vocal talents from Apple Computer commercials for the iMac and iBook. He also provided the voice for Aaron in The Prince of Egypt (1998), Duke Nukem in Captain Planet and the Planeteers, a con artist on King of the Hill, and MacArthur Parker on The Simpsons.

To pass the time, he enjoys jazz. In fact he plays in an informal band at various LA clubs you and I will never be allowed in with Peter Weller with whom he starred in The Adventures of Buckaroo Across the Eighth Dimension.

Sources:
The Internet Movie Database
goldblum.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.