A funny (and possibly true) story about Jeremy Clarkson.

During the mid-nineties, when new ladism and Britpop was all the rage, JC, being a lad icon, used to hang out in London's trendy Met Bar*.

One night, he met Kate Moss there. He introduced himself, saying "Hi, I'm Jeremy Clarkson, I do Top Gear".

Kate replied "You're a drug dealer?"

Also, according to Uri E Bakay, Clarkson "(has) got a face like a bulldog licking piss off a thorn". So, there you go.


*London's trendy Met Bar was, for about a year or so, *the* place where all the Britpop "stars" hung out. Blur, the Gallagher brothers (Oasis), members of Elastica and Pulp, Bobby Gillespie, and other lad icons such as Michael Caine and Phil Daniels.

Jeremy Clarkson now has a (sort of) bi-weekly column in the London Times Online edition. It is apparently archived here: http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/jeremy_clarkson/, at least as of this writing. If you don't take him seriously (and you really shouldn't), his writing is cynical, sarcastic and frequently amusing - it also concerns the vehicle being reviewed roughly 50% of the time, so you really don't have to be a car buff to enjoy it.

His articles can be summarised as: Good read. Oh, was there something about a car?

Politically incorrect, irreverent and refusing to pay any lip service whatsoever to the people who let him drive their half-million quid cars, his columns are worth a look at least. His own writing describes him better than I can here, at least until a real biographer comes along.

Living in Australia, the only time I get to view Jeremy Clarkson's TV personality is during weekly Top Gear. I absolutely love the program because of the great combination of hosts, who share their unique perspectives about the greatest cars in the world.

The three hosts of Top Gear, Richard Hammond, James May and Jeremy Clarkson give their truthful views about numerous supercars each week. However I see Clarkson as being the main host of the show. Being the oldest of the three men, he has the most experience in terms of driving cars and gaining a better understanding of them. The personality that he brings to the program is one that cannot be described - he is loved by all the viewers (well most of the viewers).

His honest character can be very focused and brutal at times when he comments on the vehicles and his fellow co-hosts as well. Clarkson always makes fun of both Hammond and May throughout the Top Gear series, especially during the thoughtful challenges. He continually comments on their terrible taste in cars (Hammond) and their general driving skill (May) - it is priceless entertainment.

I believe that Top Gear is one of, if not THE best television show ever. The hosts, Jeremy Clarkson in particular makes it a great viewing experience no matter what age, sex or interest the viewer may be.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.