Jesco White is the son of Birty Mae and Donnie Ray (who knew 52 more dance steps than any other mountain dancer) White. He was born and raised in Boone Co., WV, and spent the early part of his life huffing gasoline, lighter fluid, and airplane glue. He met his wife "with the intention of robbin' her, but (he) ended up fallin' in love."

According to Jesco's wife, Norma Jean, Jesco can be three people: Jesse (the good Jesco), Jesco (the bad Jesco), and Elvis. Besides Elvis, Jesco's true passion in life is literally follwing in his father's footsteps by mountain dancing (From what I can tell, mountain dancing is essentially clogging to banjo music).

It was Jesco's mountain dancing "skill" and interesting lifestyle that attracted film makers from Different Drummer Productions and gave them the idea to do a documentary on him for West Virginia PBS.

The documentary, titled The Dancing Outlaw follows Jesco as he dicusses the death of his father (as a result of a shootout in the "holler"), his marriage...
"And I took the butcher knife and put it up to her neck. I said, If you want to live to see tomorrow, you better start fryin' them eggs a little bit better than what you a fryin' 'em. I'm tired of eatin' sloppy, slimy, eggs!"
...his passion for Elvis, and his mountain dancing.

The documentary gathered a large cult following, including the alt-rock band Live (who mention Jesco in their song Rattlesnake) and actress Roseanne. She was so intrigued by his mountain dancing that she offered him a guest spot on her sitcom, Roseanne.

The Dancing Outlaw 2: Jesco Goes to Hollywood focuses on Jesco's trip to Hollywood to film his episode of Roseanne.

Currently, Jesco still resides in Boone Co., WV and has split up with his wife, Norma. He can still be hired out for parties.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.