I must admit I have a lot more respect for Jesse Ventura since he left the circus called the Reform Party and has also loosened up on things like gay rights. He's evolving, and he's also able to say his opinions on the issues will change, and not because he's wishy-washy but that he's actually thinking about things.

I remember a Barbara Walters interview where he was willing to say he was wrong about things he had thought in the past. Believe it or not, I appreciate that.

I don't know if he's been good for Minnesota, however.

Quite possibly the only honest politician in America. Utterly unafraid of the truth, and very successful because of this very fact. It is my belief that the politicians of this country underestimate the general level of intelligence of their constituencies, and therefore they are inclined to tell lies or half-truths to us, figuring we'll never catch them at it.

The mere fact that Clinton was re-elected in 1996 served to reconfirm this opinion, but I tend to think we're getting smarter, and I hope we've learned our lesson, and perhaps after 4 or 8 more years of mediocrity in the Whitehouse (regardless of wether it's a Bush or a Gore administration) we the people might take back the government from the hacks!

(As an aside, I'd like to say "Damn, can cardinal write run-on sentences or what?!?)

Jesse Ventura for President whenever he wants it!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.