There's more to life than making a deal.

1993
92 min.
Rated R for language and sexual themes.

Written and directed by Steven Starr.

Starring Richard Edson (Ferris Bueller's Day Off), Cedella Marley (Kla$h), Phillip Seymour Hoffman (The Big Lebowski), and Michael Imperioli (The Sopranos).

Joey Breaker (Edson) is a successful, no-nonsense agent in New York. He works for "Morgan Creative," a spin-off of the infamous William Morris Agency. Breaker's life is made up of deals, handshakes, and contracts, but he has no interpersonal relationships. "You may be a great agent," a co-worker tells him, "but you fall a little short in the life department."

The plot thickens when Breaker meets Cyann, (Marley) a Jamaican girl studying in New York to become a nurse. Breaker is torn between loving his job and loving a woman. He winds up sacrificing one of the two.

The soundtrack is mainly comprised of Bob Marley's music, with a song by Ziggy Marley and a song by Salif Keita.

You might remember Richard Edson from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, when he played a malicious parking lot attendant. Cedella Marley is Bob Marley's eldest daughter. The very few people who saw Kla$h (1995) will remember her as Inspector Lovelace.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.