Part of the name of one of the greatest composers in the world, who is always neglected and not given the recognition he deserved, especially when compared to such names as Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin, Liszt, Brahms, Schumann, Schubert, Mendelssohn or Bach, names that will live for ever. Or, as the immortal Graham Chapman once said:

"Why is it that the world never remembers the name of
Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern Schplenden Schlitter Crasscrenbon Fried Digger Dingle-Dangle Dongle Burstein Von Knacker Thrasher Apple Banger Horowitz Ticolensic Grander Knotty Spelltinkle Grandlich Grumblemeyer Spelterwasser Kurstlich Himbleeisen Bahnwagen Gutenabend Bitte Ein Nürnburger Brattwustle Gerspurten Mitz Weimache Luber Hundsfut Gumberamber Shönendanker Kalbsfleisch Mittler Aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm??"

Possibly because he only exists within a sketch from Monty Python's first season. The name is a long amalgamation of German-like-sounding words and actual German words, some of which were also used in the The Funniest Joke in the World Sketch. To a German, the sketch is especially funny, being able to differentiate between the nonsense and the actual German, which is mostly an order for a Nürnbergian sausage and a thank you. Sometimes, the view from the outside, i.e., how the English-speaking world sees our language, is funny in itself. It's a good sketch, from all perspectives, even if it is a bit silly...

Stop it, stop it! This writeup is getting nowhere, it doesn't even have a proper punchline.

This is a nodeshell rescue attempt...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.