(From the Playbill for Putting it Together:)

Having appeared in the L.A. launch of Putting it Together at the Mark Taper Forum, John is delighted to be repeating his role in Broadway. He has come straight from starring as The Beast in Disney's Beauty and the Beast at the Dominium Theatre in London. John received a Laurence Olivier Award nomination for Cameron Mackintosh's premiere production of The Fix directed by Sam Mendes. While filming the Peter Fairchild rold in the CBS TV series "Central Park West" for writer/producer Darren Star, John made his Broadway debut as Joe Gillis in Sunset Boulevard opposite Betty Buckley, a reprise of their acclaimed partnership in the London relaunch at the Adelphi Theatre. Born in Glasgow, Scotland, where he spent his early childhood, John moved with his family to the States and studied musical theatre at the U.S. International University, San Diego. Returning to the United Kingdom, he immediately landed the starring role opposite Elaine Page in Anything Goes. He then played Chris in Miss Saigon; the title role in Matador opposite Stephanie Powers; Raoul in The Phantom of the Opera; Claude in Hair. Also Alex in Aspects of Love (Irish premiere), Che in Evita (6000 seat Spektrum Arena, Oslo) and Brandon in Rope (Chichester Festival Theatre). John hosted two BBC TV children's shows for two years and a daily talk show on England's Channel 5. As well as many live concerts, Me Madam (with Tyne Daly), The Magic of Musicals and National Music Day. Recordings include The Fix and Hair (cast albums), The Phantom of the Opera, the Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber, Matador (Selections), Red Red Rose, Grease, John Barrowman: Aspects of Lloyd Webber and a new solo album Reflections from Broadway on the Jay Label.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.