Danish kids show about a man with a very long penis...with a mind of its own!

Yeah, you heard me.

OK, so what's the deal here?

John Dillermand (a/k/a "John Penisson") is a middle-aged man with a black moustache, and an early 20th century bathing costume,in red and white stripes and a purple hat. He lives in a small house with his Oldmor (roughly "granny") and a small white dog, in a village near a medium sized city with a zoo. There is also a wind farm and some high-tension lines nearby. All is in a kind of Mr. Rogers's Neighborhood-like stop animation.

Also in evidence is Diller, or "the craze", a long snake-like ...erm, appendage... that comes out from under his tunic, also clothed in red and white stripes, which functions as John's unspeaking id, who does things like steal ice cream. It can pick things up, stretch out several dozen meters, and is impervious to pain/being sliced/anything else. John lives in a state of constant embarrassment because of him.

John tries doing something, Diller manages to make things difficult. In the latter episodes, there's a moment where he tries to just walk away from his problem, but, as the narrator reminds him "You're John Dillermand!" and he comes to the heroic fore, with his mighty Diller leading the way! At the end, Local News on TV shows a wrapup of John's heroic deeds while John and Oldmor watch. All of this in about five minutes. As a show it's mildly amusing, and slightly surreal in that John lives a childlike life of play and only now and then works. Oldmor is (largely) phlegmatic about his grandson's problematic pecker: seeing him floating by supported by a bunch of balloons, she pulls a rifle out of nowhere, and shoots him down. There are a lot of kinda phallic jokes, including his name: not only does "diller" mean penis in Danish (kinda like a pickle, maybe?) but the name recalls John Dillinger, who was rumored to have been the posthumous donor of a rather large penis to the Smithsonian.

Why this has caused an international scandal is beyond me. /sarcasm It's creator claims there's no sex involved (Yvonne lives across the way, but has yet to even meet him/them) and it's actually good for children (in that it illustrates someone with a strange body and how people often feel badly about them.) To which most other countries reply "Huh?"

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.