I couldn't believe there was no John Mayall node. So I've constructed this with a lot of help from http://www.johnmayall.com/history.html.

John Mayall was born 29th of November 1933 in Maccelsfield, a small English village near the industrial hub of Manchester
...
this skinny English lad grew up listening to his guitarist father’s extensive jazz record collection and felt drawn to the blues. Strongly influenced by such greats as Leadbelly, Albert Ammons, Pinetop Smith, and Eddie Lang
...
From 1956 until 1962, John was performing publicly on a part-time basis fronting The Powerhouse Four and, later on, The Blues Syndicate. It was then that Alexis Korner's Blues Incorporated pioneered what was to become known as The British Blues Boom of the Late 60's. Alexis was quick to encourage and help John make his move to London where he soon secured enough club work to be able to turn professional under the name John Mayall's Bluesbreakers.
...
There's a whole lot more background on that webpage than I can reasonably quote here. John is probably best known for fronting the Bluesbreakers, which notably featured Eric Clapton, Peter Green, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood, Andy Fraser and Mick Taylor.
This "Discography of Original Albums" is taken from the site quoted above. Thanks to Magnolia Blue for permission to quote in full. For detailed sleeve notes, see (http://www.johnmayall.net/main4504.html).

CD's currently available in stores are indicated with a *

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.