It's a shame, really, that Jonny Lee Miller's acting talent and fiendishly sexy innocent look seem to be so often overlooked by casting directors. He has appeared in a number of films, including two cult classics, Hackers and Trainspotting, but few know him as anything other than Sick Boy.

Jonny (sometimes credited with an H) was born on November 15, 1972 in Kingston, England, UK. Many members of his family have been involved in acting. His grandfather, Bernard Lee, played M in the early James Bond movies. Jonny made his television debut at age 11 in a miniseries called Mansfield Park, and dropped out of high school at age 17 to pursue acting full time, after appearing in many high school plays. In his first major film, Hackers (1995), he played an uncharacteristically cool and attractive computer geek/cyberpunk. Soon after the movie he married his co-star Angelina Jolie. They were divorced 4 years later.

Jonny's big break came when he was cast as Sick Boy in Trainspotting, based on the novel by Irvine Welsh. He then appeared in Regeneration (1997), and Afterglow (1997), neither of which pulled in huge audiences. Recent films include Plunkett & Macleane (1999), Complicity (2000), Love, Honour and Obey (2000), and Dracula 2000 (2000).

Jonny is partnered with the production company, Natural Nylon, which also includes Ewan McGregor and Jude Law.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.