Phew -- it's been a while since I've written one of these. Returning to live with my dad for the summer turned into an eventful time. I had the inkling before returning that this summer was going to be a great one, and I guess that's coming true: I've been working a lot, helping out my uncle to get money, trying to get my motorcycle licence for simpler transportation, and writing the script for a movie I'm hoping to get filmed this summer. It's been fun, but busy.

James and I have been holding crew meetings for the potential movie every Thursday for the past month and they're just starting to get serious now that the script is nearing a finished state -- this Thursday we're supposed to be doing auditions instead of an ordinary crew meeting, in fact, and after that we'll most likely do rehearsals until filming in July. The whole production has been pretty fast-tracked and tightly-budgeted, as usual. It feels like James and I have finally figured out a system that works for us, but it's still a stressful process. For the past month and a half or so (around the same span of time I stopped posting on Everything2, hey) I've been writing a few pages of the script per day, using a sort of Seinfeldian calendar method.

It's been a very busy time, made the worse by an uncertainty surrounding the whole thing. As of this morning James has told me that there's a good chance the movie simply won't be financially viable at this point in time, and I'll have to shelve the script and all the planning we've done so far until next summer. Hopefully it won't come to that, but if it does I'll make sure to get some smaller "just for fun" videos done this summer while saving money.

If we do produce the movie this summer, my role is mostly in pre- and post-production, so I'll have most of the actual filming off to just save money and prepare for editing. So in either case, I should have more free time to node soon. And that is good.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.