Jungle is usually hip hop beats taken from the mid 80s to the early 90s, and speed up. If you watch that show "In Living Color", that is a prime example of a hip-hop beat with potential to become a jungle beat. To be a jungle beat it must contain many hit-pitch snares, and cymbols, and the occasional bass beat. Jungle usually replaces the bass beats with a bass line.

Not to be confsused with drum n bass which uses bass beats, instead of a large bass line as in jungle.

Why do commercials use jungle? I've noticed a few Lexus ads on TV have used The Prodigy remixed to their liking, its more jungly than the original songs, but I knows its them.

Some junglists
Ken Ishii
Goldie
Daito
Hive
Decoder
Dillinja
DJ Hype
Aphrodite
Ed Rush
J-Majik
Adam F
Photek

Any isolated clump of woods, patch of prairie, or stretch of plain where hobos congregate and exchange yarns before returning to the road. Jungles are also convenient hideouts for vagrants and thieves.

- american underworld dictionary - 1950

Jungle is a relatively new style of electronic music which was originally created by playing hip-hop and breakbeat records on 45. Now days, you can't turn your head without hearing jungle, drum & bass, or one of its many sub-genres.

Artists and DJs in this genre include Congo Natty, DJ Hype, Aprodite, Mickey Finn, and Kenny Ken, with BPMs ranging from 150 BPM for oldschool jungle all the way up to 180 for the more modern styles.

Jun"gle (?), n. [Hind. jangal desert, forest, jungle; Skr. jagala desert.]

A dense growth of brushwood, grasses, reeds, vines, etc.; an almost impenetrable thicket of trees, canes, and reedy vegetation, as in India, Africa, Australia, and Brazil.

<-- (Fig.) 2. a place of danger or ruthless competition for survival. "It's a jungle out there" 3. anything which causes difficulty due to intricacy; as a jungle of environmental regulations. (MW10) -->

The jungles of India are of bamboos, canes, and other palms, very difficult to penetrate. Balfour (Cyc. of India).

Jungle bear Zool., the aswail or sloth bear. -- Jungle cat Zool., the chaus. -- Jungle cock Zool., the male of a jungle fowl. -- Jungle fowl. Zool. (a) Any wild species of the genus Gallus, of which several species inhabit India and the adjacent islands; as, the fork-tailed jungle fowl (G. varius) of Java, G. Stanleyi of Ceylon, and G. Bankiva of India. The latter, which resembles the domestic gamecock, is supposed to be one of the original species from which the domestic fowl was derived. (b) An Australian grallatorial bird (Megapodius tumulus) which is allied to the brush turkey, and, like the latter, lays its eggs in mounds of vegetable matter, where they are hatched by the heat produced by decomposition.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.