The administration is now pleased to announce the new scratch pad. Your old scratch pad should have been intact as to what it was previous to this evening. If for some reason this is lost, let me know, I've kept a snapshot backup previously.

What's new!
  • Unlimited size (within reason). You now have as much space as you would with a writeup. So whatever you'd like to keep on there, you can, and not be afraid of what's going to happen to your account with a scary buffer overflow.
  • Faster. Your page loads should be faster all the way around. Because we've moved the scratch feature out of $VARS and to a separate table, you're not slugging up to 8K of extra characters with you in your Apache process (nor do you have to eval them to just load a page), so your individual page loads may be faster.
  • More stable. Should something happen to your settings, which occasionally does happen (and I have a few restorations pending on this one). If that happens, this should be safe. For you edev folks, check out table scratch.


There are four types of bugs that may show up.
...but fortunately we don't have any more long term. We squished em. Thanks for the bug reports..



If you've never used it, it's a great place to place writeups in the interim, mess with various bits of text, or even store notes to yourself. You can still make it public or private in your Preferences.