Two big, green, slobbering aliens in jars who repeatedly try (and fail) to take over the Earth in The Simpsons - usually in the Treehouse of Horror specials. With the exception of Mr Burns and Comic Book Guy, these are my favourite characters on The Simpsons. ueni points out that both of their names come from Star Trek characters: Kang was a Klingon, and Kodos the executioner was the corrupt governor of a colony on Tarsus IV.

Perhaps their finest hour was in the monkey's paw episode - Homer buys a monkey's paw that gives him three wishes. Of course, all his wishes go horribly wrong, in particular the world peace one. All weapons and war are banished, which leaves Earth open to invasion from the pathetic aliens with their feeble weapons. Homer gets rid of the paw, and Flanders picks it up and decides to sort things out:

An alien chases Moe down the street.

Alien: Kneel before my slingshot, puny earthling!

Ned makes his wish to get rid of the aliens - suddenly, Moe is chasing the alien, brandishing a board with a nail in it. The aliens are defeated, and fly off to lick their wounds.

Kodos: Well Kang, it seems the earthlings won.

Kang: Did they? That board with a nail in it may have defeated us. But the humans won't stop there. They'll make bigger boards and bigger nails, and soon, they will make a board with a nail so big, it will destroy them all!

They burst into maniacal laughter, for ages...

Ned is borne aloft on everyone's shoulders, into his home. The house suddenly morphs into a huge castle. Homer watches, disgusted.

Homer (grumbling): I wish I had a monkey's paw...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.