Often thought to be Tori Amos' musical godmother, Kate was born on july 30, 1958. as far as anyone knows she is still unmarried, but involved with bassist and engineer del palmer. She is, in no particular order, a songwriter, a musician, a dancer, a director, an actress, a fish-eating vegetarian, and a closet smoker. she's 5'3 and gorgeous.

Kate Bush has two brothers, John Carder Bush (Jay) and Paddy Bush. Jay often photographs for Kate's album covers, and Paddy plays exotic instruments and digs up old folk tunes to contribute to her music.

Kate first appeared in public touring London pubs with the KT Bush Band. all of her solo albums have a KT hidden somewhere on the cover or even on the vinyl itself.

Kate's only tour was called the Tour of Life, in 1979. footage of only half the show is presented in the video Live at Hammersmith Odeon, and a four track ep was also released.

Kate Bush is friends with Terry Gilliam, and contributed to his Brazil soundtrack with a cover of the 30s song. it was originally to be included in the movie, but only made it onto the album, released in 1992.

Kate has done the music for nine Fruitopia commercials for American TV and movie theaters.

Kate has a quirky sense of humor. In videos, she apparently often moves her eyes to the right and left. when questioned by a fan about this behavior, she said the following:

"I have to watch out for any demons that might be creeping up on me and video shoots attract so many of them that I have to keep an extra eye out in case they trip me up while we're going for a take. You've seen what happens to Faith Brown because she doesn't look out for them."


www.white-man-killer.com/kate/ told me so.
This Woman's Work

The Kick Inside (1978) | LionHeart (1978) | Never For Ever (1980) | The Dreaming (1982) | Hounds of Love (1985) | The Sensual World (1989) | The Red Shoes (1993) | Aerial (2005)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kate Bush was born on the 30th July, 1958 in Bexleyheath, Kent to a dentist and his wife. Fans on GaffaWeb, my resource call this date "Kate-mas".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Said to have been discovered by her good friend David Gilmour, frontman to the space rock group Pink Floyd, Kate Bush is an artist whose expression translates into both audio and visual forms. Only two years after recording her demos, Kate released her first album The Kick Inside at the age of twenty. Her British megahit "Wuthering Heights", inspired by the Emily Brontë novel, went straight to number one, persuading music critics that the shrill 'banshee' sounds would always dominate her career. Instead, while a melodious voice and instruments characterise her beginnings, albums such as Hounds of Love , in particular "Running Up that Hill (A Deal With God)" progressed into a more rhythmic sound (also c.f. "Sat in Your Lap", album: The Dreaming).

Within one album, her lyrics can sway between the expression of a weak, dependent girl
"give me life, please don't let me go" (c.f. "Moving", The Kick Inside) and an empowered, dominating woman.
"let me have it, let me grab your soul away" (c.f. "Wuthering Heights").

Her song Babooshka from Never for Ever tells the story of a woman who tests her spouse's fidelity by tricking him into meeting with her own self, dressed 'incognito'. On the other hand Get out of my House from The Dreaming exhibits the artist in a total rage, although curiously inspired by a children's cartoon - Walt Disney's adaptation of the story Pinocchio.

However no album is as two-sided as Hounds of Love, regardless of whether it is heard on tape or CD. While side one is playful and light, side two presents the dark story of a woman drowning at sea. In a similar manner to Pink Floyd's concept album The Wall and The Dark Side of the Moon, The Ninth Wave's array of sound samples (c.f. "Waking the Witch") is basically Kate throwing a psychedelic tantrum. "All We Ever Look For" from the earlier Never For Ever is prophetic of such appeals to listeners' synaesthesia-tendencies.

In 1990, a discography of her work was released in UK, Japan, Canada and France. It was rightly entitled "This Woman's Work", a name borrowed from a track on The Sensual World, which speaks of childbirth.

Over a decade since, her latest album release, Aerial (EMI) was made public in November 2005. This double-disc is composed of A Sky of Honey, which has been described by the author as "just regular Kate Bush songs" and A Sea of Honey, a beaded collection of tracks, featuring birdsong. Aerial has earned Kate some of the most positive reviews of her career.

Mp3 rarities and other trinkets are available here.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.