Barbie's male friend. Proof that they're just friends lies in the fact that he does not have a penis but only a bulge.

kangaroo code = K = kernel-of-the-week club

ken /ken/ n.

1. [Unix] Ken Thompson, principal inventor of Unix. In the early days he used to hand-cut distribution tapes, often with a note that read "Love, ken". Old-timers still use his first name (sometimes uncapitalized, because it's a login name and mail address) in third-person reference; it is widely understood (on Usenet, in particular) that without a last name `Ken' refers only to Ken Thompson. Similarly, Dennis without last name means Dennis Ritchie (and he is often known as dmr). See also demigod, Unix. 2. A flaming user. This was originated by the Software Support group at Symbolics because the two greatest flamers in the user community were both named Ken.

--The Jargon File version 4.3.1, ed. ESR, autonoded by rescdsk.

(from the Hebrew for "nest", plural kenim)

This term is used by the Habonim Dror movement to describe a local chapter that meets throughout the year. Within the ken, a movement leader provides younger members with social and educational activites.

Ken (?), n. [Perh. from kennel.]

A house; esp., one which is a resort for thieves.

[Slang, Eng.]

 

© Webster 1913.


Ken, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Kenned (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Kenning.] [OE.kennen to teach, make known, know, AS. cennan to make known, proclaim, or rather from the related Icel. kenna to know; akin to D. & G. kennen to know, Goth. kannjan to make known; orig., a causative corresponding to AS. cunnan to know, Goth. kunnan. &root;45. See Can to be able, Know.]

1.

To know; to understand; to take cognizance of. [Archaic or Scot.]

2.

To recognize; to descry; to discern

. [Archaic or Scot.] "We ken them from afar."

Addison

'T is he. I ken the manner of his gait. Shak.

 

© Webster 1913.


Ken, v. i.

To look around.

[Obs.]

Burton.

 

© Webster 1913.


Ken, n.

Cognizance; view; especially, reach of sight or knowledge.

"Beyond his ken."

Longfellow.

Above the reach and ken of a mortal apprehension. South.

It was relief to quit the ken And the inquiring looks of men. Trench.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.