Tough tackling Australian soccer Right back currently plying his trade with Wolverhampton Wanderers in the English First Division.

Muscat started his career with Sunshine, later moving to Heidelberg and then South Melbourne, all Australian teams. He then made the decision to move abroad to further his career. In 1996 he was offered the chance to play for Crystal Palace, then in the first division. He played a big part in their promotion to the Premier League but was then sold to Wolverhampton.

At the time of writing Muscat has played 41 times for the Socceroos and scored 10 goals. The most recent of these goals coming in the all important World Cup qualifier against Uruguay in his home town of Melbourne.

At Wolverhampton Muscat is now Captaining the side which looks on track to gain promotion this season. He has previously been voted the clubs player of the year by their supporters.

Muscat comes under a lot of criticism for being too rough in his style of play, with his crunching tackles and unwillingness to give an inch to the opposition. He was once labelled as the most hated man in English soccer. For all this criticism though, many managers would love to have a player with his drive and determination playing for them.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.