Kevin Spacey Fowler was born on July 26, 1956 to a technical writer and a personal secretary in South Orange, New Jersey. After his family moved to southern California Spacey was enrolled in Northridge Military Academy, where he was later thrown out for assault with a tire. While attending Chatsworth High school in San Fernando Valley, Spacey began to act and hone in on his dramatic abilities. After dropping out of Los Angeles Valley College and Julliard he went on to pursue his acting carreer in New York. Two years afterward he made his Broadway debut in “Ghosts”.

While still performing in the theatre, Spacey began his film career with a small part in 1986 movie “Heartburn” directed by Mike Nichols. Afterwards he turned his interests to television and played the villain on the series “Wise Guys”. In 1990 Spacey won a Tony award for his role as Uncle Louie in the hit play “Lost in Yonkers”. Eight films and a few more television shows later Spacey began to get recognition in Hollywood, especially for his role in the 1994 independent filmSwimming With Sharks”, which he also co-produced. The dam finally broke one year later when he played Verbal Kint in Bryan Singer’s “The Usual Suspects”. This catapulted him into super stardom and won him an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor.

His directorial debut came in 1997 with the critically acclaimed “Albino Alligator”. Afterwards he received even more praise for his role as Jack Vincennes in “L.A Confidential”, and Jim Williams in “Midnight of the Garden of Good and Evil”. Spacey went back to the theatre, acting in “The Iceman Cometh”, both in London and on Broadway.

1999 proved to be a banner year for Spacey. In October he received a star on the walk of fame, an Academy Award for best actor in “American Beauty” and was named best actor of the decade by the British magazine “Empire”. After his box office flop “K-Pax”, Spacey is bouncing back in the early 2000’s. He will appear as himself in Austin Powers 3:Gold member, as well as starring in the films “The Life of David Gale” and “The United States of Leland”. After an amazing decade in the 90’s, Spacey shows no signs of quitting now.

"It's not that I want to create some bullshit mystique by maintaining a silence about my personal life, it is just that the less you know about me, the easier it is to convince you that I am that character on screen. It allows an audience to come into a movie theatre and believe I am that person."- When asked about his secrecy concerning his personal life.

Actor

  • The United States of Leland (2003)
  • The Life of David Gale (2002)
  • Austin Powers 3: Goldmember (2002)
  • Shipping News, The (2001)
  • K-PAX (2001)
  • Pay It Forward (2000)
  • The Big Kahuna (1999)
  • American Beauty (1999)
  • A Bug's Life (1998) (voice)
  • Hurlyburly (1998)
  • The Negotiator (1998)
  • Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (1997)
  • L.A. Confidential (1997)
  • A Time to Kill (1996)
  • Looking for Richard (1996)
  • The Usual Suspects (1995)
  • Se7en (1995)
  • Outbreak (1995)
  • Iron Will (1994)
  • Swimming with Sharks (1994)
  • The Ref (1994)
  • Consenting Adults (1992)
  • Glengarry Glen Ross (1992)
  • Henry & June (1990)
  • A Show of Force (1990)
  • Fall from Grace (1990) (TV)
  • Dad (1989)
  • See No Evil, Hear No Evil (1989)
  • Working Girl (1988)
  • Rocket Gibraltar (1988)
  • The Murder of Mary Phagan (1988)
  • Wiseguy (1987) TV Series
  • Long Day's Journey Into Night (1987)
  • Heartburn (1986)

Producer

  • Elling (2003)
  • The United States of Leland (2003)
  • Uncle Frank (2002)
  • Interstate 84 (2000)
  • The Big Kahuna (1999)
  • Swimming with Sharks (1994)

Director

  • Albino Alligator (1996)

http://www.imdb.com
htttp://movies.yahoo.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.