Killswitch Engage (KSE) were formed in 1999 and hail from Westfield, Massachusetts. Their current line up is:

Howard Jones - vocals
Adam Dutkiewicz - guitar
Joel Stroetzel - guitar
Mike D'Antonio - bass
Justin Foley - drums

The two former members of KSE are:

Jesse David Leach - vocals (replaced by Howard Jones, July 2003)
Tom Gomes - drums (replaced by Justin Foley, Oct 2002)

"Killswitch Engage is about flipping the switch, and sending things into a grinding halt, both musically and emotionally." - Mike D'Antonio.

The music of KSE combines two elemets, soaring melody and unforgiving metal. Their songs overall are heavy, with fast, technical drumming and guitar, but with the emphasis on creating a melody which takes the music to new heights. The vocals, while often the rough, growly type seen in other metal bands, are only one facet of Jesse (and later Howard's) vocal abilities. Both singers brought yet another melodic element to the band, being able to sing eye-watering, semi-operatic clean vocals as well as in the standard sandpaper throat style.

KSE were formed after the break-up of two well known metal bands, Aftershock and Overcast. Adam Dutkiewicz, Joel Stroetzel and Tom Gomes joined from Aftershock, and Mike D'Antonio joined from Overcast. Their original vocal talent, Jesse Leach, came from Nothing Stays Gold, and is now, after being replaced by Howard Jones, in the band Seemless. Howard joined in July 2003, just after the recording of Alive Or Just Breathing, KSE's second album. After a successful appearance on tour, it was clear to both the band and the fans that Howard was the man for the job.

Mike D'Antonio, not content with being KSE's acclaimed bass player, designs all the album artwork and merchandise and also named the band. Often called 'Mike D' by his band mates, Beastie Boys rapper Mike Diamond originally had to get permission to use 'Mike D' as his stage persona.

Mike D'Antonio is not the only multi-talented member of KSE. Adam Dutkiewicz, in addition to being an amazing guitar player is also an accomplished drummer, and was the original drummer for the band. He recorded both the guitar and drums on 2003's Alive Or Just Breathing, as well as producing all of KSE's studio albums to date. Adam's role as producer for KSE has led him to broaden his work in the producing field and now produces From Autumn To Ashes, Every Time I Die and The Agony Scene.

"I want people to feel the urgency and desperation I feel. I want people to stop and think about what's going on instead of walking through life." - Jesse Leach.

Releases to Date

The End of Heartache - 2004
Label: Roadrunner Records

1. A Bid Farewell
2. Take This Oath
3. When Darkness Falls
4. Rose Of Sharyn
5. Inhale 6. Breathe Life
7. The End Of Heartache
8. Declaration
9. World Ablaze
10. And Embers Rise
11. Wasted Sacrifice
12. Hope Is...

Alive or Just Breathing - 2003
Label: Roadrunner Records

1. Numbered Days
2. Self Revolution
3. Fixation on the Darkness
4. My last Serenade
5. Life to Lifeless
6. Just Barely Breathing
7. To Sons of Man
8. Temple From the Within
9. Element of One
10. Vide Infra
11. Without A Name
12. Rise Inside

Killswitch Engage - 2002
Label: Ferret Records

1. Temple From the Within
2. Vide Infra
3. Irreversal
4. Rusted Embrace
5. Prelude
6. Soilborn
7. Numb Sickened Eyes
8. In The Unblind
9. One Last Sunset

KSE tracks are featured on the following compilations:

- Freddy Vs Jason Soundtrack - When Darkness Falls
- MTV2 Headbangers Ball - Fixation On The Darkness
- Heart Of Roadrunner Records - In The Unblind
- Ginger Snaps Soundtrack - Temple From Within


Official Website: http://www.killswitchengage.com

 

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.