Knifepoint Horror is a podcast created by Soren Narnia. It's a short story/anthology style program with most episodes focused on a single story and a few deploying multiple stories. Episodes are stand alone affairs that function independently (though a few make off hand mention of each other) and range in length from six minutes too two hours with an average of around fifty minutes. Most of the stories are told as first person accounts with a heavy dose of subjectivity and narrators that acknowledge there own unreliability. The stories vary wildly in terms of theme. Some are about supernatural evils, some are mundane, and some are ambiguous. Some are straightforward in explaining what happened and others seem to have the narrators working out the details and their interpretations in the telling. More than a few episodes have a framing device around the episode such as a police report or DVD commentary.

Most of the narration is soft spoken, slow, and sometimes slightly stilted. It's the sort of thing that one could easily fall asleep to if the subject material wasn't working on them. Said subject material covers the whole range of paranormal occurrences from UFOs to ghost to human cults to unrecognizable Forteana. The full range of scary stories is represented. If knife point has a consistent feature it's that there is no clear format. Narrators are as often side characters as protagonists in whatever drama is occurring and consequently have only fragmentary knowledge. Some tales are very straightforward and others really hold out on revealing their premise. Every episode is a surprise. I think that that's the most appealing thing about the series. Each episode is as likely to violate expectations as conform to them. It also has the distinction of being one of the inspirations for the Magnus Archives. If that sounds like your kind of podcast the entire series can be found here.

IRON NODER XV: LAST SECOND BARE BONES IRON NODER FREAKOUT!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.