Korean natural farming is a technique which attempts to enhance the role of microorganisms in the soil and, to some degree, in and on plants themselves. This effort involves the use of a variety of live cultures, combined with techniques for concentrating specific nutrients and micro-nutrients. I like to think of KNF as extending the growing body of knowledge that acknowledges the role of microorganisms in human health, to include their role in the health of soil and the plants grown in it. The methods used in KNF involve highly specific formulas and are derived, in part, from ancient knowledge used in traditional Japanese farming. Proponents of the method cite increased yields, reduced inputs and elimination of pesticide and fungicide use as benefits.

KNF divides plant growth into three main stages: Vegetative (or growth) phase, flowering phase, and fruiting phase, where applicable. Each stage has its own set of requirements. Korean natural farming is now used, to a varying extent, for both private and corporate farming in more than 30 countries worldwide.

For a brief overview (< 7 min) of Korean Natural Farming by Chris (no relation) Trump: Korean Natural Farming in a nut shell

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.