A cover of Word Up! by an 80's funk band seems to be a weird choice to start off a Greatest Hits album. But KoRn pulls it off with more edge and with no small amout of glee. The blasphemy continues with a cover of Pink Floyd's Another Brick In The Wall, which is pretty good.

This next 16 songs are from Take A Look In The Mirror, Untouchables, Issues, Follow The Leader, Peachy, and KoRn.

Track 19 is the Dante Ross re-mix of Freak On A Leash. This song somewhat resembles a 70's spy movie theme. The contrast is quite pleasant.

I am not sure I would call these songs the greatest hits of Korn. There are certainly a few songs that I would have liked to have seen on this one...but perhaps we must all wait for Volume II. I purchased this mainly for the kooky cover songs and the live DVD anyway.

On November 24th, 2003, local radio stations in New York announced a free KoRn concert at CBGB. The band recorded the resultant happening. The DVD is my favorite part of this package.

It's easy to see in the beginning that Jonathan Davis was a big ball of nerves. He seems to be so excited that he sings a little faster than he should. Then he quickly pulls it together and the entire band puts on a great performance. It is simply amazing to hear how good these guys are live. I just missed their show in Puerto Rico because of work, but now that I have this dvd I am not so sad.

CD
  1. Word Up!
  2. Another Brick In The Wall(parts 1,2,3)
  3. Y'all Want a Single
  4. Right Now
  5. Did My Time
  6. Alone I Break
  7. Here To Stay
  8. Trash
  9. Somebody Someone
  10. Make Me Bad
  11. Falling Away From Me
  12. Got The Life
  13. Freak On A Leash
  14. Twist
  15. A.D.I.D.A.S
  16. Clown
  17. Shoots And Ladders
  18. Blind
  19. Freak On A Leash

DVD
  1. Right Now
  2. Here To Stay
  3. Did My Time
  4. Got The Life
  5. Freak On A Leash
  6. Falling Away From Me
  7. Blind

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.