Character on Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine played by veteran stage actor Tony Todd.

Son of Mogh. Younger brother of Worf.

Kurn was born in 2345 and left in the care of a family friend named Lorgh. Lorgh raised Kurn as his own son and Kurn was not aware of his parentage till his "Age of Ascension". As an adult, Kurn joined the Klingon Defence Force.

In 2366, Commander Kurn discovered that a member of the Klingon High Council named Duras had falsified evidence to make it appear that Kurn's father Mogh had betrayed his people at Khitomer. Together with his brother, Worf, Kurn sought to challenge this injustice, but found the High Council hardly interested in uncovering the truth. During his investigations, Kurn was severely injured by an attack sent by Duras and Captain Picard became Worf's cha'Dich. In the end, Worf was forced to accept a humiliating discommendation to avoid a political exposé that would have resulted in his brother's death and plunged the empire into civil war. (As seen in Sins of the Father (TNG))

Kurn initially opposed Gowron's bid for the council leadership following the death of Chancellor K'mpec in 2367. Nevertheless, Kurn ceded Worf's belief that Gowron was the rightful leader, and lent the support of his ship, the Hegh'ta, and three other Klingon squadrons to Gowron. Kurn's assistance was critical in preventing an overthrow of the Gowron regime by the Duras family during the Klingon civil war of 2368. In return, Gowron restored rightful honor to the Mogh family name. (As seen in Redemption, Part I (TNG) and Redemption, Part II (TNG))

Following the victory of Gowron's forces over Duras' during the Klingon civil war, Kurn was rewarded for his service to the empire. He was granted a seat on the High Council. (As seen in Rightful Heir (TNG))

Unfortunately, a couple of years later, he was cast out of High Council when his brother Worf was accused of defecting to the Federation in the Federation\Klingon War.

In 2372, Kurn visited brother Worf at Deep Space Nine and attempted to convince Worf into leaving the "comforts" of Deep Space Nine and rejoin the Klingon Defense Force so that their family's honor and other privileges can be restored. Worf declines and Kurn demands to be killed in ritual murder called "Mauk-to'Vor". Worf agrees but is prevented from doing so at the last minute. Finally, the decision was to conduct a memory erasure operation on Kurn. Kurn is now known as Rodek, of the House of Noggra. (As seen in The Sons of Mogh (DS9))

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.