White Zombie's major label debut album, La Sexorcista: Devil Music Volume 1 remains one of the band's best-loved releases. Following the independent releases of 1986's Psycho-Head Blowout, 1987's SoulCrusher, 1989's Make Them Die Slowly, and 1989's God of Thunder, the band moved to California in hopes of attaining a major record deal - that dream came true when La Sexorcista was released on March 31, 1992 by Geffen Records.

Following the release, White Zombie toured for nearly two-and-a-half years, playing over 350 shows across the globe. Their intense touring pushed La Sexorcista up to a platinum certification. It even received a nod from the Grammy Awards, with a nomination for "Best Hard Rock Performance".

Disappointingly for the band, the album did not have a large degree of success. White Zombie's over-the-top, B-movie-influenced, cheesy industrial/techno feel did not fit in with existing norms in rock music; the music was as hard as it came but the content was simply twisted. The bizarre sound of La Sexorcista did not hit the mainstream at all until 1995 when Beavis and Butthead fell in love with "Welcome To The Planet Motherfucker/Psychoholic Slag". MTV also started playing the music video for "Thunder Kiss '65" fairly often.

By this time, however, White Zombie released their second major label debut album, Astro-Creep: 2000, Songs of Love, Destruction and Other Synthetic Delusions of the Electric Head, an album that would launch the band to much greater success. There never was a Volume 2 of La Sexorcista.

  1. Welcome To The Planet Motherfucker / Psychoholic Slag
  2. Knuckle Duster
  3. Thunder Kiss '65
  4. Black Sunshine
  5. Soul-Crusher
  6. Spiderbaby (Yeah-Yeah-Yeah)
  7. Cosmic Monsters Inc.
  8. Knuckle Duster (Radio 2-B)
  9. I Am Legend
  10. Thrust!
  11. One Big Crunch
  12. Grindhouse (A Go-Go)
  13. Starface
  14. Warp Asylum

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.