Lamb may not be the most appealing of meats, but if you are lucky enough to have a source of tender, low gristle meat, it can make a nice meal every now and again. This recipe has a vaguely Greek or Italian feel, and unlike most lamb concoctions it does not involve curry.

To serve four, you will need:

This can be served with tagliatelle or white rice. To give it a slight pretense of healthiness, a side helping of steamed angel hair carrots can be used.

Fry the onions over a low heat until they start to go transparent. Add the lamb and the garlic and increase the heat. Add the white wine gradually while the lamb cooks.

Once the lamb is cooked through (this will take around twenty minutes), lower the heat. Mix the cream and mustard and pour it into the pan. Chop the mint leaves into half-inch squares, and add them to the pan. Cover, and leave to cook for another five to ten minutes, until the cream starts to thicken.

Serve immediately. Although lamb is usually a red meat, this meal goes better with a crisp, full-bodied white wine such as a Chablis (the kind that comes from the around the town of Chablis, France, and carries the Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée mark, not the generic American brand), a Vesuvio Bianco or a new world lightly oaked Chardonnay.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.