"The Legend of Zelda" consisted of 13 episodes. It premiered in the 1989-1990 season as part of "The Super Mario Bros. Super Show", which was a syndicated series that aired on stations such as FOX and WGN. The Zelda episodes were shown only on Friday afternoons. The episode length, including the theme song, was 15 minutes.

The show is based on the video game series of the same name. Yes, I know the games have about three different Links and three different Zeldas, but the TV series has just one Link and one Zelda.

Basically, Link protects Princess Zelda, her father, and the rest of Hyrule from the evil wizard, Ganon. Zelda's the guardian of the Triforce of Wisdom, and Ganon has the Triforce of Power. "Whoever gets both Triforces will rule this land forever!" So, Zelda asks Link for help, and he readily agrees. He even lives in North Castle with Zelda and her father, the King and Ruler of Hyrule. Link acts like a goofball (or maybe he really is one), and his main goal is to get a kiss from Zelda (something "always happens", though, before he can get the kiss), but Link is also a skilled fighter, and he saves Zelda a lot. Zelda is also Link's sidekick, it seems, at times. Link also has to deal with unwanted advances from Spryte, a fairie that has a crush on him and is jealous of his love for Zelda.

Episode Guide:
01 THE RINGER
02 COLD SPELLS
03 THE WHITE KNIGHT
04 KISS 'N TELL
05 SING FOR THE UNICORN
06 THAT SINKING FEELING
07 DOPPELGANGER
08 UNDERWORLD CONNECTIONS
09 STINGING A STINGER
10 HITCH IN THE WORKS
11 FAIRIES IN THE SPRING
12 THE MISSING LINK
13 THE MOBLINS ARE REVOLTING
14 UNDERWORLD CONNECTIONS ("DOPPELGANGER" with a different title)

-Information from http://members.tripod.com/~captain_n/main.html

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.