The Legion of Doom captivated my imagination when I was 5; the Superfriends were never the same without that big moving Hall of Doom that looked a bit like Darth Vader's head. For years afterward my playtime adventures were influenced by the 12 Superfriends and their 12 arch-enemies in the Legion of Doom.

Of course, I found out to my surprise that there never were 12 Superfriends and 12 Legion of Doom counterparts. That explains why I couldn't ever figure out which heroes went with which villains. But, here are the members of the Legion of Doom from the 1978 season:

Bizarro
Black Manta
Brainiac
Captain Cold
Cheetah
Giganta
Gorilla Grodd
Lex Luthor
Riddler
Scarecrow
Sinestro
Solomon Grundy
Toyman

I originally included Joker in the list, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't in that Legion of Doom. If I'm wrong, let me know...

A professional wrestling tag team made up of Hawk and Animal. They first became noticed back in the American Wrestling Association (AWA). They were managed at the time by "Precious" Paul Ellering. Back then they were known as The Road Warriors. It was in the AWA that they had their first taste of gold, when the won the AWA World Tag Team titles.

They then moved to the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA). They remained in this federation for several years, dominating their opposition with their size, speed, and power.

The Legion of Doom joined the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) in July of 1990. They started feuding with Demolition at Summerslam of that year, by interfering in their matchup with the Hart Foundation. The Summerslam of 1991 saw the Legion of Doom winning their first WWF Tag titles, making them the only team to win tag titles in the AWA, NWA, and WWF.

In 1997, after a tumultuous 5 years of injuries and singles wrestling. Hawk wrestled in Japan and in World Championship Wrestling (WCW), while Animal rested and recovered from his injuries. They wrestled together in WCW for a short time.

In the spring of 1997 the Legion of Doom debuted for the WWF again. Their first major match was during Wrestlemania XIII from their home of Chicago, Illinois. Here they teamed with Ahmed Johnson to fight against the Nation of Domination.

The last incarnation of the Legion of Doom appeared shortly after. It was called Legion of Doom 2000 and were accompanied to the ring by their valet, Sunny. This last incarnation did not fare too well. Soon Sunny was dropped, and then they were dropped.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.