A Sci-Fi Channel original series, based on: Tales from a Parallel Universe, which could be seen on TV from 1997 to 2002.

The Lexx is the most powerful ship/weapon in the two known universes. It is biological, and can only be driven by Stan.

Among the crew is Kai, who is dead, but uses protoblood to live on, and Zev a loveslave, who would sleep with Kai, if Kai was functioning, but will not sleep with Stan.

The series chronicles their voyages through space and falls under the weird humor. I enjoy the show, but recently learned that original doesn't mean quite what I thought it did.

The Cast:

Brian Downey as arch-traitor Stanley Tweedle
Xenia Seeburg as Xev Bellringer of B3K (replaced Eva Habermann as Zev)
Michael McManus as Kai
Jeffrey Hirshfield as the voice of 790
and any number of guest stars in each episode.

The characters actually follow the standard format of a hero, a beautiful girl, and the bumbling sidekick. The catch is that the hero (Kai) is dead and the sidekick (Stan) is captain of the ship.

Lexx began as four 2-hour movies created by Salter Street Films in conjunction with Showtime:
I Worship His Shadow
Supernova
Eating Pattern
Gigashadow

Each one also had a special guest star; in order of the title list above, these were Barry Bostwick, Tim Curry, Rutger Hauer, and Malcolm McDowell.

The Sci-Fi Channel then picked up Lexx as a series; the episodes were numbered as season two. It begins when the crew returns to the Light Universe to find more protoblood for Kai. Despite the fact that the primary plot of each episode seems to be about finding people for Stan and Xev to have sex with, there is actually an ongoing plot: Mantrid, previously biovizier to His Divine Shadow, is gradually destroying the universe around them. Pretty much everyone they meet dies before the end of the episode, with the notable exception of Norb, a young pilot they met in "White Trash."

Season 2 titles:

  1. Mantrid
  2. Terminal
  3. Lyekka
  4. Luvliner
  5. Lafftrax
  6. Stan's Trial
  7. Love Grows
  8. White Trash
  9. 791
  10. Wake the Dead
  11. Nook
  12. Norb
  13. Twilight
  14. Patches in the Sky
  15. For some reason, it appears that there is actually no episode 15.
  16. Woz
  17. The Net
  18. Brigadoom
  19. Brizon
  20. End of the Universe

In season three they have returned to the Dark Zone and are stuck in orbit around two linked planets: Fire and Water. The rulers of each keep trying to convince the crew of the Lexx to blow up the other. At the end, they are approaching a planet that looks suspiciously like Earth.

Episodes:

  1. Fire and Water
  2. May
  3. Gametown
  4. Boomtown
  5. Gondola
  6. K-Town
  7. Tunnels
  8. The Key
  9. Garden
  10. Battle
  11. Girltown
  12. The Beach
  13. Heaven and Hell

Season 4, it turns out they really are going to Earth, "in the near future." Prince is head of the American Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) and has the President (who has a British accent) in his pocket.

Episodes:

  1. Little Blue Planet
  2. Texx Lexx
  3. P4X
  4. Stan Down
  5. Xevivor
  6. The Rock
  7. Walpurgis Night
  8. (let me check)
  9. Fluff Daddy
  10. Magic Baby
  11. A Midsummer's Nightmare
  12. Bad Carrot
  13. 769
  14. Prime Ridge
  15. Mort

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.