ABC sitcom debuting September, 2002 starring Bonnie Hunt as a host of a local Chicago morning show. This is Bonnie Hunt's 5th sitcom, and this one seems to have been the charm--ABC has renewed it for another season.

The show would not be as funny as it is if it weren't for Hunt's amazing comic timing and natural style, as well as that of her strong ensemble cast: Mark Derwin as her husband, Samantha Browne-Walters Charlie Stewart as her kids, Marianne Muellerleile as the nanny, Anthony Russell as the talk-show sidekick and piano player, and Holly Wortell, Chris Barnes, as show workers, and David Alan Grier as the Michael Gelman-esque producer.(many are fellow Chicagoans, or friends from her childhood and early performing days.) The show has a fairly standard format--the first half tends to be scenes of domesticity in the family townhouse, Bonnie balancing work and family with the help of the live in nanny, the second half a zany office comedy on the set of her show. Much of the show is improved, especially the show-within-a-show segments. The show is also chock full of great guest stars, including David Duchovny as a smarmy local weatherman, and people like Carl Reiner, Tom Hanks, Robin Williams, Teri Garr, Martin Mull, and Jonathan Winters.

I haven't seen a lot of it up against 24 but when I do it's always a treat. It's worth watching, especially if you're the type of person for whom just watching Bonnie Hunt talk cracks you up.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.