Well, it is.

This is a standard reason to cop outof any debate. There comes a time in everyone's life when you've realised that you've heard every argument in favour of allowing more Afghan refugees in the country. Every argument in favour of culling anyone who earns less than $150,000 per year. Every argument in favour of deprecating some principle that you hold dearer than life itself.

Eventually, you reach a point where you've followed all of these arguments to their logical limits. Someone is trying to convince you that homeless people should be used as a cheap alternative to pet food. Or people tell you that every émigré should be given a house with a swimming pool and a Lamborghini.

Either way, whatever your political stance, there is a horrible chance that you will reach the same position. You'll look at the world around you, you'll spot all the unfairness and injustice and you'll say

"You know what? Fuck it. Life is too short. I don't care about any of this bullshit."

It is arguable that at this point you have become The Enemy. Whatever your ideals, you have given them up for a quiet life. You have betrayed all of your principles and will never help make this world a better place.

And you know what? It doesn't really matter.

Life's too short to worry about these things.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.