A Ligerbomb is a variation on the powerbomb move in professional wrestling. It was named for Jushin Thunder Liger, its creator. While others have used it before, it is primarily used by Liger. A Ligerbomb will usually result in a pinfall when used by Liger himself.

A Ligerbomb is essentially a sit-out powerbomb, except that the attacker hooks his legs over the victim's shoulders in the air while driving the victim to the mat. The result is that the move results in an immediate pinning predicament, allowing for a pinfall count to start sooner. This is far easier said than done, and it's definitely an impressive sight to see, as it requires the strength to steady the victim on one's shoulders, as well as the dexterity and speed to hook one's legs over the victim's shoulders before they hit the mat.

The most common variation on the Ligerbomb is the Running Ligerbomb, which is actually easier to perform, as is evident by the fact that Shaggy 2 Dope of the Insane Clown Posse has used it before. It's easier because the attacker has inertia on his side and can more easily move his legs forward, whereas in the standard Ligerbomb, he has to move his legs from a state of rest. That said, this is actually the move that D'Lo Brown used when he accidentally injured WWE wrestler Droz, resulting in paralysis from the waist down. Remember, kids, leave wrestling to the professionals, they have insurance.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.