This simple meal is deliciously light and easy to prepare. It's perfect for warm weather dining, especially if you want to get laid, with its mouth watering citrus and seafood combination, served on a bed of blanched baby spinach with rice and fish gravy.
(serves 2)

Ingredients:
2 limes,
a decent sized chunk of fresh ginger,
2 cloves of garlic,
2 fresh salmon steaks,
1 bunch of fresh baby spinach,
two cups of rice,
a bit of olive oil,
a splash of good Western Australian Chardonay (save the rest of the bottle to serve chilled with the meal).

Method:
Into a mixing bowl, grate some lime zest and pour in the juice of one of the limes. Next, chop the ginger and garlic and add to the bowl.

Mix the juice of the other lime with some olive oil, a pinch of salt and some cracked black pepper. Put this dressing aside for later.

Place the salmon steaks on a board and, using a sharp kichen knife, scratch both sides of the steak. This will allow the lime baste to be quickly absorbed, eliminating the need to marinate the steaks. Place the steaks in the bowl and, making sure you have clean hands, rub the lime baste into the fish.

Put an appropriate amount of water on the stove for preparing steamed rice and wash the baby spinach.

Heat a non-stick frying pan and add the steaks. Seal them on both sides before turning the heat down. Cook the steaks on one side for about two minutes, turn them over and pour the lime baste and a splash of wine. Salmon is a very oily fish and the fat from the steaks should mix with the baste and the wine to make a delicious sauce which will thicken nicely by the time the steak is ready.

While the sauce is thickening, bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. and prepare some large plates for the food. Dip the baby spinach in the boiling water for a second or two, then remove and set on the plates.

The rice should be ready by now, so serve some into two bowls and then flip each bowl over onto one of the plates next to the spinach. This will give you really neat looking mounds of rice - appearance is everything. Drizzle the dressing (the one with the olive oil) over the spinach and place the steaks on top. Pour the fish gravy over the rice and serve with a quarter of lime on each plate.

This is a recipe that I made up one night and the combination of this and the chardonay and some good jazz induced one of the finest sensory pleasure overloads of my life. I haven't actually tried to use this to get laid yet, although from my experience with lime I have no doubt it would work.


lime, lime, the magical fruit. the more you eat, the more you root

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.