Serves 6

Simple, light and fresh summertime recipe. The zucchini-shrimp combination sounds odd but is delicious.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 pound fresh medium shrimp, peeled
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1/2 pound green zucchini, julienned (2 inches by 1/4 inch)
  • 1 cup fresh tomato sauce (Warning! Don't use sauce with milk or cream in it, it will curdle in the pan!)
  • 3/4 pound dried linguine (fresh is also good, if you have: amounts can be to taste, some like more sauce)
  • Freshly grated Parmesan to taste
  1. Heat a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil for the pasta.
  2. Place the peeled shrimp in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste and 1 tablespoon of the oil.
  3. Grill the shrimp over high heat about 1 minute per side, until opaque and lightly charred. (Do not overcook or they will be rubbery)
  4. Heat a medium-size frying pan with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, the garlic, and the zucchini. Saute until the zucchini is tender.
  5. Add the tomato sauce and bring to a simmer.
  6. Add salt and pepper if needed.
  7. Cook the pasta al dente, drain, and return to pot.
  8. Add the grilled shrimp to the simmering sauce and cook for 1 minute.
  9. Toss sauce with the drained pasta and serve with Parmesan cheese.
Enjoy!
Courtesy of The Frugal Gourmet, comments by Amadaun

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.