Live album by Iron Maiden, released in 1985, and reached to number 2 in the UK charts. It was recorded on their 1984/1985 world tour, the World Slavery Tour, which was to promote their 1984 album Powerslave. The album was recorded on the unprecedented sold out five-night stint at the Long Beach Arena in Los Angeles, and on their four sold out shows at the Hammersmith Odeon in London.
The album was originally released as a double LP, of which sides 1 through 3 were recorded in L.A., and side 4 in London. When it was released on cd, it was too long so the last 5 songs were left off. In 1998 all Iron Maiden albums were re-released on cd, and for Live After Death the missing songs were restored on a second cd, which pleased many fans.
The front cover of the album showed Eddie on a stormy night rising from his grave. His gravestone has a quote from H.P. Lovecraft: "That is not dead, which can eternal lie. Yet with strange eons, even death may die".

There were two singles released from this album: Running Free and Run To The Hills. Both were live versions, and had other live songs as b-sides.

Line-up:
Bruce Dickinson: vocals.
Dave Murray: guitar .
Adrian Smith guitar.
Steve Harris: bass.
Nicko McBrain: drums.

Tracklisting:
1. Churchill's Speech
2. Aces High
3. 2 Minutes To Midnight
4. The Trooper
5. Revelations
6. Flight Of Icarus
7. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
8. Powerslave
9. The Number Of The Beast
10. Hallowed Be Thy Name
11. Iron Maiden
12. Run To The Hills
13. Running Free
14. Wrathchild
15. Children Of The Damned
16. 22 Acacia Avenue
17. Die With Your Boots On
18. Phantom Of The Opera

Live After Death was also released on video, which was recorded at Long Beach Arena only, and had only 14 songs on it. The tracklisting was the same as on the original cd version of Live After Death (Churchill's Speech through Running Free), with the addition of Sanctuary, which could not be found on the album version. The videotape is a different recording then the album, which makes it especially interesting for Iron Maiden completists.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.