This is a quote from the song "My Shoes" by Spock's Beard. It's the closest that I can come to explaining my goal in life. Have you ever stopped to think about just how little of life you get to live? Have you ever driven down the street and just marveled at the fact that 90% of the people you see you will never see again? Have you ever been to Amsterdam? There is so much life to experience, which is why I want to try and live it all.

I know that a person can never relive their childhood, although I really wonder what it would be like growing up in another situation.

Let me tell a little story: I was playing guitar on the streets of the Champs Elysses (which, incidentally, is where I get my nick: rue is French for street), and these two Romanian kids came up to me and my friends. They were holding out small paper cups with some loose change in them. Neither of them spoke a word of French or English, and from the looks of their clothes they were just as homeless as the rest of us. After we tried to tell them that we had no money either, they went into the street and started going car to car, banging on the windows, trying to beg for money. These kids were no more than ten years old, out on the streets of a foreign city, begging for money. I can't even imagine having to do that. Ever since then, I wonder if I could have handled that situation mentally at that age.

This is why I want to live life, travel and see life without any of the trimmings. I want to see the side you don't see when you're a tourist. Hey, it's a dream, and if you want to be part of it, all you have to do is travel the world.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.