Occasional Blackadder character played by Rik Mayall, a flamboyant arrogant jerk who steals Edmund Blackadder's fiancee in the second season, and a flamboyant arrogant pilot jerk who gets everyone to risk their lives in the Flying Corps (The "Twenty Minuters") in the fourth season.

Nodeshell rescue

Some flashheart quotes (from memory)


Lord Flashheart: Always treat your kite (thwaps blackboard) like you treat your woman! (thwaps downwards in spanking motion)

George: What? do you mean take her home to meet your mother?

Lord Flashheart: No! I mean get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!


Lord Flashheart: Goggles on, Chocks away, Last one back's a Homo! Hooray!


Lord Flashheart: Now I may be packing the kind of tackle you'd expect to find swinging about between the hind legs of a grand national winner, but that doesn't mean I'm not sick of this damn war. The killing, the suffering, the endless poetry!

Captain Blackadder: Is that what you really think?

Lord Flashheart: No! now get back to your trench before I decorate that wall an interesting new colour called "Hint of Brain"!

The Lord Flashheart described above is probably a descendent from the Lord Flasheart who appears in the first episode of Blackadder II (Bells). In this episode he is in fact Blackadder’s old friend, and, whilst his character is the same, he is not seen to be a complete jerk, but instead a man with a lot (and I mean A LOT) of charisma and an equally huge libido

When he arrives at Blackadder’s wedding as best man, it is revealed that all the women including Queenie have crush on him (he also claims that God, who Melchet worships, worships him), but he is more interested in Blackadder’s fiancé Bob... I mean, Kate. The episode ends with the happy couple (Flashheart and Kate) riding off into the distance, leaving Blackadder to work out how not to marry Baldrick.

Flashheart also claims he always feels more comfortable in a dress.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.