Milquetoasty, nerdy, sexually frustrated accountant neighbor of cellist Dana Barrett in Ivan Reitman's "Ghostbusters," written by Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis. Louis Tully is eventually possessed by the Keymaster, Vinz Clortho, and seeks the Gatekeeper, who has possessed Dana Barrett. (Dana and Louis live in the art deco building designed by Ivo Shandor, who started a secret society of Gozer worshippers in the 1920s after witnessing the horrors of World War I and deciding that society was too sick to survive. The building, according to Dr. Raymond Stantz, is "like a giant antenna for psychokinetic energy".)

In Ghostbusters II, Louis Tully begins a relationship with the Ghostbusters' secretary, Janine Melnitz.

It should be noted that Louis Tully is the only character who is confirmed to have had sex with Dana Barrett in the Ghostbusters movies. (Dana denies at the end of "Ghostbusters" that she and Louis have had sex, but I believe that she is avoiding the truth.)

Rick Moranis plays Louis Tully. Originally this character was supposed to be played by John Candy.

While possessed by Vinz Klortho, the Keymaster, he delivered this speech to Dr. Egon Spengler and his secretary Janine Melnitz: "Gozer the Traveller, he will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini he came as a large and moving Torg (Torb?). Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Mekretex supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Sloar! Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you." (I humbly submit to you that in this moment Louis Tully is the father of Garth Algar).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.