It's TIME TIME TIME

FOR AN EVERYTHING2 GROUP SUPER ROMANCE QUEST!

Join us
in writing E2's most romantic and steamiest collaborative story yet -- a romance novel for the ages!

Guidelines are heavily influenced by this.

Super Romance Key Elements

Oh, my gosh, a hot babe, though she doesn't have to be a centerfold, and a hot dude, though he doesn't have to be a Chippendale and by gosh they will fall for each other and fall hard. There can be other people who also fall in love and bed.

The babe and the dude are caring people, intense, they have values and morals and goals and they are going to stand by them! Also they are employed. Both of them have emotions.

Both of them should be semi-believable and the reader ought to be able to fantasize that they could have been one or both of the couple.

Hey, love ain't always easy and the path of true love doesn't run smooth. Put some boulders in the path of the babe and dude, including their own fears and assumptions about the other person.

The setting is important! Is it a town, a city, a rural area? Who are their friends and neighbors and people they struggle to get along with? And this babe and dude are known to their community!

Tone can vary from absolutely darkly real to, well, a bit fantastic.

Setting: ICELAND AND VOLCANOES!

Word length: HOLY CATS, I DON'T KNOW.

Featured in SUPERLATIVE romance: LIKE, THE BABE AND DUDE ARE ALL CYNICAL ABOUT LOVE BUT THEN GET BLINDSIDED AND STUMBLE ALONG THE WAY, BUT THEN LIVE HAPPILY.....YOU KNOW!


Quest guidelines:
80,000 words, well, maybe. Let's have sign ups and then decide...two chapters each. But possibly more, because chapter theft and trades will be allowed!

Quest will start February 7th, 2017... soon... with people getting 3 days, 72 hours, per chapter. If the person fails to post their chapter in the time allotted, another writer may STEAL the chapter for extra points. Whoever posts first after the time limit gets the points....so it might be done in LESS than 3 days per chapter and you need to pay attention! Your chapter clock starts ticking the moment the previous chapter is posted!

... ok, the previous is subject to discussion. How much time do you need for a chaper? Lizardinlaw says 48 hours, another judge says 72, other noders say a week.... but a week per writer could stretch into 3 months. FEEDBACK WANTED! MESSAGE LIZARDINLAW!

People MAY turn their chapter in early. How about 4000 words max? Minimum for a chapter is ... NO MINIMUM!

If your chapter arrives at a very inconvenient meatspace time, you may trade with another writer, DO IT FAST!

SIGH SIGH SIGN UP.

THE SETTING IS ICELAND IN THE PRESENT OR NEAR PRESENT.

PRESENTING YOUR HOSTS:
Captain and Anglican Church expert: TheAnglican
Science officer and volcanic expert: Dr. Auduster
Medical officer and token grrl: lizardinlaw
Powerful force and Sponsoring Editor: Tem42

PRIZES:
5 GP for excellence in your chapter about host topics: the Anglican Church, volcanoes, and medicine....and of course you may email us with questions. We might answer. Participating judges do not get the 5 GP for their area of expertise.
20 GP per chapter
-5 gp if you sign up and bag out: but no total negatives. That is, if you sign up and do one of two chapters, you would gain 20 for the first chapter and lose 5 for the second.
30 GP for legitimately stealing, filling in a missed chapter


.....on one of Auduster's volcanoes....love bursts forth, spewing molten.....

The first chapter will be posted on February 1, 2017: you will have another week to fall in love and participate!

Participants: THIS CAN BE YOU!
message lizardinlaw to sign up

Round one (each participant will have two chapters. Round two randomized.):
Love on the Volcano: Chapter One: lizardinlaw
Love on the Volcano: Chapter Two: Lord Brawl posted 2/8/17
Love on the Volcano: Chapter Three: etouffee --- sick, switched with Nancemuse posted 2/16/17
Love on the Volcano: Chapter Four: Nancemuse traded to etouffee --- STOLEN by Lord Brawl
Love on the Volcano: Chapter Five: Nancemuse
Love on the Volcano: Chapter Six: etouffee
Love on the Volcano: Chapter Seven: Lord Brawl
Love on the Volcano: Chapter Eight:

YOU NODERS: Chapter ?

February 1 Update: People can still sign up until February 7, server time. Message lizardinlaw.

For round one we'll go in the order people have signed up and then randomize it for the second chapters.
The 72 hour time is going to be three days based on server time, ok? So the start for Lord Brawl will be at 00:01 server time on Feb 7. If Lord Brawl does not have a chapter up by 00:01 on February 10, anyone may post a "stolen" chapter instead.
GO TEAM!!!!
PS I get no medicine points, since I am judge there, and think I also failed on both volcanoes and the Anglican Church, though I at least know there are volcanoes in Iceland. See if you can do better!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.