Lucius Malfoy is a character in the Harry Potter series of books. He is the father of Harry's schoolmate and rival Draco Malfoy. He is portrayed often, starting fairly early in the series, but is never featured as a main character. He is described as a tall, slim man with platinum blond hair and a very aristocratic manner. He is very wealthy, and has many connections in society. Because of this, and because of the class structure of wizarding society, he is arrogant and contemptuous of those who don't share his wealth and background.

He is also a follower of Lord Voldemort, and one of his top lieutenants in the Death Eaters. After Lord Voldemort's first fall, Lucius claims to have been under the Imperius Curse and quickly regains his place in society, using his personal fortune to smooth his way. He is on good terms with many members of the establishment, including Cornelius Fudge, the Minister of Magic. After Voldemort's return, he quickly (and secretly) switches back to his true allegiance. His performance for Voldemort is less than satisfactory, and he quickly finds himself in trouble from both sides, and in over his head. He achieves some sort of minor redemption towards the end of the series.

Lucius is most skilled at the use of the Imperius Curse, and he seemed to join the Death Eaters for reasons of seeking power and the ability to dominate others, rather than out of sheer murderousness and sadism. Which is not to say that he is portrayed in a good light: he is simply much less evil than he could be.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.