*The design of this poem is parody. Please don't take me as seriously as I take myself.
______________________________________________________________

1. Daniel has always enjoyed singing, and decides to enroll in Mrs. Fairchild's popular and sexually liberated mixed choir class in his first year of High School. Students are gauged for their vocal range on the first day of class, and are then arranged by their gender and sexuality into voices. The group that identify as female are placed into two primary voices with two subvoices each. From highest to lowest: Soprano 1, Soprano 2, Alto 1, Alto 2. The group that identify as male are identically divided into two voices with two subvoices: Tenor 1, Tenor 2, Bass 1, Bass 2.

Bass 2s have a dominant sexual personality. They have sex with sopranos, and whoever else they want and can have. They are happy.
Bass 1s have a submissive sexual personality. They are sexually stoic and reserved, and the sparse, angry sex they get is usually with altos.
Tenor 2s are submissive. They have experimented with their sexuality among sopranos and other tenors, but they still feel largely sexually unsatisfied and confused.
Tenor 1s are dominant. They have sex with tenors, and whoever else they want and can have. They are happy.
Alto 2s are dominant. They have sex with altos, and whoever else they want and can have. They are happy.
Alto 1s are submissive. They are sexually frustrated, and can take it out on the basses or other altos, but they wished they could get the attention of the tenors.
Soprano 2s are submissive. They have sex with basses for fun, and they have sex with tenors to have someone to complain to about how the basses don't seem to care about anything.
Soprano 1s are dominant. They have sex with teachers and faculty, and whoever else they can want and can have. They are happy.

Daniel walks into the first day of Mrs. Fairchild's popular and sexually liberated mixed choir class like a raindrop into a tornado. He still has his virginity, and has very limited concepts of sexuality, verbal and nonverbal communications of intimacy and attraction, and prescribed, static gender roles. He has always enjoyed singing. Mrs. Fairchild has him echo simple scales from the piano to hear his range. "You have an unnaturally wide range," she said. "You could sufficiently pass as either a Tenor 2, or a Bass 1. It's your choice." Daniel feels that he is a tenor 2 at heart, but decides to try bass 1 for his first year because he thinks it will be easier. Poor guy. Where should Daniel go for sex?

A) Soprano 1
B) Tenor 2
C) Alto 1
D) Soprano 2
E) Tenor 1
F) Why do we learn this way? All of these answers have value that we can't precisely assign or arrange, because the truth is that we don't know Daniel and we won't know what his answer will be until he finds it.
G) Do nothing
H) Listen, Daniel. It's hard to feel like you have too many options. It's okay to be worried about the consequences, because many of the consequences of sexuality and companionship can be really serious if you find yourself in a bad situation. But you can't let that fear guide you, because it can paralyze you and leave you with nothing.
i) All of the above, including J through Z and beyond

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.