display | more...

The MV Peace was a converted fishing vessel which spent the latter part of its life as the home of a floating radio station "The Voice of Peace" located "somewhere in the Mediterranean" (but actually a few kilometers off the coast of Tel Aviv, Israel.

The ship began life in the 1930's, as the MV "Cito", then the "Rolf", before being purchased by the station's owner Abie Nathan in 1969. It was 1973 before the station finally reached it's anchorage and began broadcasting. In 1993, the station closed and the ship was scuppered.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.